I don't know about you but I love monogramming! What I don't love is that getting something monogrammed or personalized usually comes with a price tag, so I thought... "Hey! I am gonna do it myself!" Don't worry if you are not sewing-savvy, this tutorial is actually fairly simple. The only trick is not rushing through it and taking the time to embroider your initials. Slowly but surely, you will be amazed at the result!
What you need:
A hat, sewing needle, thread, scissor, T-pins, laptop/computer/printer (to print out your desired fonts)
How to make:
1. Grab a hat from your closet or get a new one! Love mine? Get it here.
2. Get on the computer and play around with your initials. Pick a few fonts and sizes you love, print them out!
3. Once you have decided on the font and sizing, carefully placed the piece of paper with T-pins onto your desired spot.
4. Carefully and slowly stitch up/embroider your initials over the piece of paper (you will remove it later) using thread and needle.
5. Remove the paper (a little bit at a time) with scissor.
6. Chances are you will need to touch up a few spots...
7. Voila! You've just done your own monogramming!
Photos - shot and edited by me.